- 6 cups water
- 1 whole bone-in chicken breast, with skin
- 6 ounces dry Chinese noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- In large saucepan over medium high heat, bring 6 cups water to boil. Add chicken breast, and return to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes. Remove meat from broth, and set aside to cool.
- Bring broth to boil again, and add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain, reserving broth for another use if desired. Rinse noodles under cold running water until chilled. Drain again, and transfer to serving bowl. Toss lightly with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
- Cut or pull chicken meat into fine shreds, discarding skin and bones. Set aside.
- Combine tahini and 3 tablespoons water, stirring to blend. Add chili oil, soy sauce, vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, peanut oil ,and garlic. Mix well.
- Arrange the chicken on top of noodles in serving dish. Spoon sauce over all.
Chicken and Cold Noodles with Spicy Sauce, recipe