- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fill a large pot with water, and add whole chicken. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from broth, and set aside to cool. Reserve broth. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; cut into bite size pieces. Discard skin and bones.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Break one egg into flour, and stir with fork till stiff. Continue adding eggs one at a time until all are incorporated. The dough should be very stiff.
- Bring broth to a boil. Add bouillon cubes; stir until cubes have dissolved.
- Using a fork and knife, pick up dough on fork. Hold over boiling broth, and cut off small pieces into broth until all the dough has been used. Stir, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken meat, and stir. Serve hot.
Chicken and Dumplings, recipe