- 3 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot with water, wine, salt, curry powder, onion, and celery. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat, strain (reserving broth), and refrigerate to cool. Remove chicken meat from bone, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare the rice mix according to package directions. Replace the specified amount of liquid with the same amount of the reserved broth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, rice, and mushrooms. Blend in the sour cream and soup. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole, recipe