- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large onion, chopped, divided
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups goat's milk
- 2 large apples, cubed
- 1 cup goat's milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (optional)
- Place sweet potato cubes on a large microwave-safe plate. Cook in the microwave until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half of the chopped onion; cook and stir until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the saucepan. Cook and stir remaining onion with garlic until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sweet potato, goat's milk, apples, yogurt, ginger, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer. Return chicken to the saucepan. Simmer until flavors combine, about 10 minutes.
- Stir chicken stock into the saucepan. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Chicken Curry with Goat's Milk, recipe