- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup peas
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Combine chicken, carrots, celery, and peas in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in the center, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in the same skillet; reduce heat to medium. Stir in flour, dried onion, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Add chicken broth and milk slowly; cook and stir until thickened, about 20 minutes. Pour mixture into the dish, almost covering the chicken and vegetables. Cover vegetables with biscuit pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits have raised and browned, about 30 minutes.
Chicken Dumpling Recipe, recipe