- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped
- 1 eggplant, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled buttery round crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir flour into melted butter until smooth; cook for 1 minute. Stir sour cream, onion, garlic powder, sugar, nutmeg, salt, and pepper into the flour mixture until evenly mixed; add ground chicken and green beans. Cook and stir mixture until chicken is completely browned and the onion is translucent, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Arrange eggplant rounds into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread chicken and green bean mixture over the eggplant. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Mix cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a bowl until crackers are evenly moistened; sprinkle over the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden and cheese is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Chicken, Eggplant, and Green Beans Casserole, recipe