- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 2 (10 ounce) packages baby spinach
- 3 cups chopped grilled chicken
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 10 to 11 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Mix orzo, spinach, chicken, tomatoes, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers in a large bowl.
- Whisk balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sugar, parsley, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; drizzle over salad. Toss to coat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over salad.
Chicken Florentine Salad with Orzo Pasta, recipe