- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken livers, trimmed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper, and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Add mushrooms and garlic to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Move the vegetables to the sides of the skillet, and add the chicken livers. Cook livers for 5 minutes, turning frequently.
- Stir tomatoes and wine into the skillet, and turn the heat to medium-high. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until most of the liquid is gone. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, pour chicken stock into a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Slowly pour in polenta while stirring vigorously. Cook for a few minutes, then stir in milk. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, until thick. Stir gorgonzola into the polenta until melted.
- Spoon polenta onto plates, and cover with the chicken liver sauce.
Chicken Livers with Gorgonzola Polenta, recipe