- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (optional)
- Combine chicken strips, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder in a large resealable plastic bag. Coat chicken with marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal bag. Refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess; cook and stir in hot oil until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, and broccoli. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, if needed. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir spaghetti into chicken and vegetable mixture; cover and simmer for 5 minutes more.
Chicken Lo Mein with Broccoli, recipe