- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian garlic-chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked linguine pasta
- 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cut into strips
- 1 cup julienne-sliced carrot
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish
- To make the dressing, place the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes, and 3 tablespoons of chicken broth together in a blender or bowl of a food processor. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thin the dressing to your taste by adding more chicken broth or water.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken, carrots, green onions, red pepper, celery, and cilantro to the bowl with the linguine. Pour the dressing over the noodle-chicken mixture and toss until mixture is evenly coated. Divide the salad among eight serving plates, and sprinkle peanuts over each serving.
Chicken Noodle Salad with Peanut-Ginger Dressing, recipe