- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 eggs
- 1 red apple, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- fajita seasoning to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add chicken and cook until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink inside, approximately 20 minutes. Drain, cool and chop.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and slice.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, sliced eggs, apple, onions, relish, mayonnaise, celery, pineapple (with just a little juice for flavor), cilantro, pecans and fajita seasoning to taste.
Chicken Salad, recipe