- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half, cut into cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Irish whiskey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1 pear - peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir chicken in the hot oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and place on a plate.
- Cook and stir sweet potato in the same skillet over medium heat until slightly browned, 5 to 10 minutes; return chicken to the skillet. Add whiskey, sage, pear, and water; stir well. Partially cover skillet, lower heat to medium-low, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and sweet potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and sprinkle spinach over the chicken-sweet potato mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir in hazelnuts; season with salt and black pepper.
Chicken Sweet Potato Skillet, recipe