- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, almond extract, and 2 eggs by hand; stir until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it tests done. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter or margarine, and milk. Boil, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Immediately pour over partially cooled cake.
chocolate cherry cake, Cherry Desserts recipe