- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup snipped dried apricots
- 1 3/4 cups dry-roasted pistachio nuts, chopped and divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with Reynolds(R) Parchment Paper; set aside.
- Stir together the sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add the eggs and whites, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon until evenly incorporated. Fold in the dried apricots, then 11/2 cups pistachios until thoroughly incorporated. Gradually stir in the flour and cornmeal until very well blended (if necessary, work in the last of it with your hands). Let dough stand for 5 minutes to firm up.
- Divide the dough in half. Using greased hands, shape and smooth each half into an 8x4-inch loaf, spacing them 4 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Pat each loaf to an even thickness.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until firm and light brown and a toothpick inserted near the center of each comes out clean. Remove from oven. Set aside; cool completely. Transfer to a cutting board. Using a large, serrated knife, cut each loaf into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Place slices, cut side down, on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets.
- Return one baking sheet to the oven. Bake slices 12 to 14 minutes or until toasted and light brown, turning once halfway through baking and watching closely to avoid overbrowning. Slide the parchment paper with baked cookies on it to a wire rack and let cool. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Microwave chocolate and shortening in a medium microwave-safe bowl on 100% power (high) 1 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Dip one half of each cookie crosswise into melted chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and place on clean parchment paper. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pistachios and let stand until set.
Chocolate-Dipped Pistachio Biscotti, recipe