- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and white sugar.
- To the sifted ingredients, add the 10 tablespoons butter or margarine, vinegar, and warm water. Mix thoroughly, but do not beat. Pour batter into ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove cake from oven, but keep it in the pan.
- Cream together peanut butter, brown sugar, milk, and 1/4 cup butter or margarine. Spread icing onto cake. Place under broiler until brown and bubbly.
chocolate peanut butter wacky cake, Chocolate recipe