- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry syrup
- 1 (9 ounce) package thin chocolate wafers
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1/8 cup semisweet chocolate curls (optional)
- To Make Crust: In a small bowl, mix together crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture into a 9 inch pie pan using your hands or the back of a spoon. Refrigerate until firm.
- To Make Filling: Whip 2 cups of cream until soft peaks form. Continue to whip while slowly adding sugar, followed by vanilla extract. Whip until stiff, then stir in 1/2 cup raspberry syrup.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream mixture 1/2 inch deep into bottom of pie crust. Cover with a layer of chocolate cookies. Cover with another 1/2 inch layer of whipped cream mixture, followed by more cookies. If desired, slightly overlap the cookies, dipping them in whipped cream mixture before placing them in pan. Continue alternating layers until cookies are gone, and finish with a layer of whipped cream mixture. Cover carefully. Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving. Pie will keep up to 3 days.
- Just prior to serving, whip remaining 1/2 cup cream and cover pie with a fresh layer. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries, mint leaves, and chocolate curls.
chocolate raspberry cloud, recipe