- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bacon and onion in pot until the onion is tender, 7 to 10 minutes; add ketchup, dry mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook bean mixture at a simmer until hot, about 10 minutes; pour into a large casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbling on top, 10 to 15 minutes.
Chuckwagon Beans, recipe