- 2 cups water
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, mix the water, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Mix the ham into the vegetable mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour until smooth. Slowly pour in the milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in the Cheddar cheese until melted.
- Mix the melted cheese mixture with the vegetable mixture and serve.
Chunky Cheese Soup, recipe