- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 1/4 cups warm milk
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, potato flakes, salt, and yeast. In a separate bowl, mix the water, milk, margarine, honey, and eggs. Beat the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Gradually mix in whole wheat flour until evenly moist. Knead 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease two 5x9 inch loaf pans. Punch down dough, shape into loaves, and place in the pans. Allow to rise in pans 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake loaves 35 minutes, until lightly browned and hollow sounding when tapped.
Clare's Whole Wheat Potato Bread, recipe