- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 pounds crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups hard-cooked eggs (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 slices lemon (optional)
- Place eggs in a 2 quart saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10-12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water and cool.
- Press the yolks of hard-boiled eggs through a sieve and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the green onions and celery; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock, milk and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cooked egg yolks, crabmeat, sherry, salt and pepper and heat through. Ladle into bowls and garnish each serving with a pinch of paprika and a lemon slice.
Classic She Crab Soup, recipe