- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 medium onions, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 6 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, onion, and tofu; cover, and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, cumin, curry powder, ginger, salt, and red pepper paste; bring to a simmer. Add tomato sauce, peas, and carrots; simmer, covered, about 30 minutes.
Coconut Tofu Keema, recipe