- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 liter cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- Pour 1/2 cup kosher salt and the cola into a resealable plastic bag, mix until the salt dissolves. Add the chicken wings, coat with the brine, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Brine in the refrigerator for 2 hours. While the chicken is brining, stir together the vegetable oil, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, mustard powder, and paprika in a small bowl to form a paste; set aside.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Drain the chicken wings in a colander set in the sink, then pat dry with paper towels. Place the wings into a large mixing bowl, then mix in the spice paste until evenly coated.
- Grill the wings on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink at the bone, 10 to 15 minutes.
Cola-Brined Chicken Wings, recipe