- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound cubed cooked chicken, chilled
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool quinoa to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Mix mashed avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Combine quinoa, chicken, tomatoes, and scallions in a bowl; add avocado dressing and toss to coat.
Cold Chicken Quinoa Avocado Salad, recipe