- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, water, oil, and 3 egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Gently stir in crushed cookies. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans. Remove from pans, and completely cool on racks.
- To Make Frosting: In a small bowl, thoroughly blend the 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, shortening, vanilla, and 2 egg whites. Beat in remaining confectioners' sugar until creamy. Frost the cake, and garnish with remaining cookies.
Cookies 'n Cream Cake, recipe