- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole green beans
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off any excess grease.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, combine the ground beef, tomatoes, corn, green beans, red beans, and onion. Season with oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for at least 50 minutes over medium to low heat. The longer it cooks, the better it gets!
cowboy stew, Beef recipe