- cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Mix until butter evenly coats the crumbs. Transfer to the baking dish and flatten into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Leave oven on; remove crust and let cool.
- Place cranberries, water, and 1/4 cup sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Cook until cranberries have burst and mixture is thick, about 7 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes. Pour sauce into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, adding more water to thin, if necessary.
- Combine remaining sugar and cream cheese in a bowl. Beat using an electric mixer until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl every 90 seconds, about 4 minutes total. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk, lemon juice, and almond extract; mix batter on medium-low until combined.
- Spread batter evenly over the cooled crust. Drop spoonfuls of cranberry sauce on top and use a knife to swirl it through the batter. Toss almonds evenly over the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 27 to 33 minutes. Let cool, at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate until set, 8 hours to overnight. Cut into bars the next day.
Cranberry Almond Swirl Cheesecake Cookie Bars, recipe