- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 pinch seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Stir together cornmeal, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, beat together the eggs, onion, green pepper, pimentos, vegetable oil, Cheddar cheese, cream-style corn, jalapeno pepper, crawfish tails, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder until the mixture is well combined. Pour the crawfish mixture into the cornmeal mixture, and stir together. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cornbread is lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
crawfish cornbread, Side Dish recipe