- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4-inch loaf pans.
- Cream the margarine and cream cheese together. Gradually add the white sugar, and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda; mix until batter is just moist.
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Divide half the batter between the two prepared loaf pans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the batter in the pans, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
creamy banana bread, recipe