- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (32 ounce) carton Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast meat, chopped
- 1/3 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- ranch-flavored croutons (optional)
- Cook egg noodles as directed on package, drain.
- Melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots and cook until softened, 10 to 12 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook until mixture is thickened and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in Swanson(R) Chicken Broth; add chicken, hot pepper sauce, and parsley and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in cream and cooked noodles; continue cooking until soup is heated through, about 3 more minutes.
- Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and/or ranch flavored croutons if desired.
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Noodle Soup, recipe