- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, and brown the chicken breasts about 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from the skillet, and set aside. Add the onion and asparagus to the skillet; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender. Arrange the chicken breasts over the onions and asparagus, and season with tarragon. Pour soup over chicken.
- Cover the skillet, and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, sprinkle with almonds, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine water and rice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve chicken and asparagus over rice.
Creamy Chicken Asparagus Casserole, recipe