- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, or to taste
- 1 dash ground thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat; add red onion. Saute until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour wine into the saucepan; simmer until wine has reduced, about 3 minutes. Pour in chicken broth, milk, and bouillon; stir. Reduce heat to low, cover the saucepan, and simmer gravy until flavors meld, about 1 hour.
- Combine water and flour in a bowl; mix thoroughly. Pour slowly into the gravy while stirring continuously. Simmer until thickened, 15 to 30 minutes more.
Creamy Chicken Gravy, recipe