- 1 Yukon Gold potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 12 baby carrots
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup diced ham
- 1 (14 ounce) can navy beans, undrained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 1 clove garlic
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add potato, cauliflower, and carrots; cover and steam until very tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer potato mixture to a bowl and add milk and 1 1/2 teaspoons butter. Mash with a potato masher or hand mixer until smooth.
- Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; saute onion, celery, thyme, salt, and pepper until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add ham and cook and stir until ham is warmed, about 2 more minutes. Stir undrained navy beans and chicken broth into ham mixture, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Blend drained navy beans and garlic together in a blender until smooth. Stir bean mixture into soup; simmer, stirring often, until soup thickens, about 10 minutes. Stir potato mixture into soup and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Creamy Ham and Bean Soup (Gluten Free), recipe