- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound pumpkin - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 9 ounces penne pasta
- 6 ounces bacon, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add pumpkin and garlic; continue cooking for 3 minutes. Add chicken stock and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until pumpkin is tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain and transfer to serving bowls.
- Mix bacon and parsley into pumpkin mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is cooked, 2 to 5 minutes. Add cream and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes more. Spoon sauce over pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta, recipe