- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 large shrimp in shell (21 to 25 per lb), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Place the flour on a rimmed plate, and season with salt and pepper. Toss the shrimp in the flour, and shake off excess. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from skillet, and reserve.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon oil from the skillet. Cook the shallots and garlic in the oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Pour in the wine, 1/2 cup chicken broth, and the lemon juice. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chicken broth and the cream, and simmer until sauce is reduced and thickened slightly, approximately 10 minutes more. Add the butter, and stir until melted.
- Return the shrimp to the skillet; simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and Romano cheese before serving.
Creamy Shrimp Scampi, recipe