- 6 2/3 ounces tuna packed in olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or more as needed
- 3 cups cream of tomato soup, not from concentrate
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 1/2 ounces dry penne pasta
- 2/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, for garnish
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Combine tuna and olive oil, garlic, anchovy paste, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir and cook for 1 minute once oil begins to sizzle.
- Stir in cream of tomato soup and water. Increase heat to medium and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne, and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just slightly undercooked, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Stir cooked pasta into soup mixture; stir in 2/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and tarragon. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover and cook for an additional minute.
- Garnish with additional Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and red pepper flakes.
Creamy Tomato Tuna Penne Pasta, recipe