- 3 quarts water
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the water and stir in the potatoes, carrots and celery. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender but firm. Remove from heat. Drain and set aside, reserving liquid.
- Place the onions and butter in the large saucepan. Over medium heat, slowly cook and stir 10 minutes, or until the onions are tender. Mix in the flour, salt, pepper, paprika and heavy cream. Mix in the potato mixture. Continue cooking and stirring, adding the reserved liquid a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture has reached a desired consistency.
Creamy Veggie Potato Stew, recipe