- 8 chicken thighs
- 1/4 pound cooked ham, cut into one inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1/2 pound Polish sausage, sliced diagonally
- In a slow cooker, place the chicken, ham, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, tomato paste, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Combine water and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix the cooked rice and sausage into the slow cooker. Cover, and cook on High for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sausage is heated through.
creole chicken, Chicken Thighs recipe