- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup olive oil, divided
- 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) jar basil pesto (such as Classico® Traditional)
- 1 (8 ounce) fresh mozzarella ball, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread tomato slices out on baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil over slices.
- Broil in the preheated oven until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and cool until easily handled, about 5 minutes. Peel skin off slices; discard.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with olive oil and arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons of pesto in a thin layer over each tortilla. Top with mozzarella cheese slices, 8 basil leaves, and some roasted tomato slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven until mozzarella cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes, before slicing with a pizza cutter.
Crispy Tomato Basil Pesto Flatbread Pizzas, recipe