- cooking spray
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, and shredded cucumber
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 2 5x9-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Place shredded cucumbers into a colander and let drain for about 30 minutes.
- Stir eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract, drained cucumber, and pecans together in a large bowl. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves in a separate bowl. Stir dry ingredients into the cucumber mixture until batter is thoroughly combined. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake loaves in the preheated oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let loaves cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing from pans to finish cooling on wire racks.
cucumber nut bread, Quick Bread recipe