- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can oil-packed tuna
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 4 large croissants
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add tuna, shallot, apple, walnuts, celery and pickle relish and toss until all ingredients are coated with dressing.
- Lightly toast the croissants. Split in half, place a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of the croissant and fill with tuna salad. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and the top half of the croissant. Serve with a dill pickle and potato chips. Bon appetit!
darra's famous tuna waldorf salad sandwich filling, Tuna recipe