- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cube beef bouillon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, white sugar, brown sugar, beef bouillon, poultry seasoning, paprika, cornmeal and flour. In a separate bowl, stir together the butter and hot water until butter melts, then stir in the milk and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until well blended. The dough will be stiff. If it is too stiff, add a bit more water. If it is too sticky, add more flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for a few turns. Roll out to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness, and cut into squares or into desired shapes using cookie cutters. Place treats about 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned and firm. Let cool for 10 or 15 minutes. When completely cool, store in an airtight container at room temperature.
delicious dog treats, recipe