- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Place cubed beef and flour in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to evenly coat beef with flour. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown beef on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over medium heat, and cook onion until tender. Transfer to the slow cooker with the beef. Pour wine into the skillet to deglaze, then pour wine into slow cooker.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water, and pour into slow cooker. Place potato and carrots in slow cooker, and season with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix in remaining water and Worcestershire sauce. Add more water if needed to cover all ingredients.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook stew 7 to 8 hours on Low.
diego's special beef stew, Beef recipe