- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 quart cold beef broth
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour; cook and stir until mixture is golden-brown and smells like cooked pie crust, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds. Whisk in 1 cup of broth.
- Stir remaining broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard into the mixture in the saucepan. Bring to a simmer, whisking, and reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Easy Brown Gravy, recipe