- 1 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk together the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and milk; set aside.
- Place the mushrooms and half of the dry onion soup mix into a 9x13 inch glass baking dish along with the cooked rice. Pour in half of the condensed soup mixture, and stir until thoroughly combined. Even out the mushrooms in the baking dish, then place the chicken breasts on top. Cover with the remaining condensed soup mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining dry onion soup mix.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Remove the foil, and continue baking 15 minutes longer before serving.
Easy Chicken and Rice with Mushrooms, recipe