- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 dash hot sauce (such as Cholula®)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- Mix tahini, lemon juice, cumin, fennel, salt, pepper, and hot sauce together in a small bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic powder in the hot oil until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in 1 1/2 cup water. Whisk in chickpea flour until smooth. Slowly whisk in remaining 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Scrape chickpea mixture into a large bowl using a rubber spatula. Add tahini mixture; whisk until well incorporated.
Easy Creamy Hummus, recipe