- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 splash red wine
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Season onion with Italian seasoning; continue to saute until the herbs are fragrant, about 3 minutes more.
- Break beef into small pieces and add to the skillet; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into the beef mixture; season with salt, place a lid on the skillet, reduce heat to low, and cook at a simmer for 1 hour.
- Splash wine over the mixture, stir, and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes.
Easy Meat Sauce, recipe