- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes, cabbage, and green onions into a large sauce pan, fill with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and place into a large bowl. Mash the potatoes and vegetables with the butter using a fork until the mixture is chunky, pouring in half-and-half gradually as you mash. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Easy rish Colcannon, recipe