- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 small (3 ounce) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Combine chicken, potatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a slow cooker.
- Stir together chicken broth, curry powder, curry paste, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and cayenne in a bowl and pour over ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix everything well with a wooden spoon.
- Close the slow cooker and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 5 hours on Low or 2 to 3 hours on High. Add coconut milk 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time and continue cooking until heated through. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped cilantro to serve.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Potatoes and Coconut Milk, recipe