- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1 cup of cooking water.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add kale and cook, stirring constantly, until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Stir cooked spaghetti into the skillet. Add nutritional yeast. Add enough of the reserved cooking water to create a thick sauce. Stir well. Add chickpeas and heat until warmed, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Easy Vegan Pasta with Kale and Chickpeas, recipe