- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried wakame seaweed flakes
- 2 cups water
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Bring water, brown rice, butter, and salt to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Soak wakame in 2 cups of water for 5 minutes; drain in a mesh strainer. Scoop rice into a bowl, and gently fold in wakame, avocado, and sesame seeds. Serve warm or cold.
Easy Wakame Brown Rice, recipe